Saturday, May 17, 2014

Sour Cherry + Cacao Nut Truffles

Following on from my last post, I made these delicious nut truffles for my gorgeous friend's birthday recently. They went down a treat with everyone who tried them so I just know you'll love them too!

As I told you, I made two versions with different flavours but the same nut/seed base so these are fairly similar to the Blueberry + Coconut Nut Truffles I shared with you last post.

This next version is equally delicious. The smooth, rich, gooey nut base is packed full of nutrients and enough protein and good fats to keep you satisfied and glowing with health. I went for dried sour cherries with cacao nibs, it's a wonderful combination, just think a sophisticated cherry ripe! Again, with the same nutritional boost you don't usually get in a sweet treat.

Sour Cherry + Cacao Nut Truffles 
Makes 16-18 truffles
1 cup almonds
1 cup cashews
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
1/2 cup cacao nibs (+ additional to top)
1 cup dried sour cherries
1/8 cup water
Natural sweetener to taste if desired
  • Combine almonds, cashews, chia seeds, pepitas and cacao nibs in a food processor
  • Process until they are broken down into a fine crumb
  • Add dried blueberries and continue to process
  • Drizzle in water while processing until the mixture clumps and balls
  • Remove from processor, divide and roll into bite size balls
  • Leave in fridge to firm up for 30 mins
  • Top with additional cacao nibs
  • Enjoy!

I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
Love and Smiles,









Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...