These little fudgey balls are two bites of seasonal yumminess. They're not too chocolatey but are full of Christmas spice with a hint of molassas. Yum! They're made with raw apple and oats rather than using all nuts and dried fruit to make them less calorie and physically dense (perfect for those looking to keep trim).
I made these to share with friends and family last Christmas (thus the mixed spices) so this recipe makes 2 batches or twice those pictured. They went down wonderfully at both functions with both adults and children being similarly enticed.
Spiced Apple and Oat Fudge BallsMakes approximately 40 balls
2 cups rolled oats
3 large or 6 small apples
1/2 cup natvia or 10 packets of xylitol
4 tbsp cacao powder
4 tbsp mixed spices
1 cup almonds
1 cup walnuts
2 tbsp molasses
To roll in:
1/2 cup Oat flour (Grind oats in a coffee/spice grinder)
2 tbsp Mixed Spices
1/2 tsp Powdered Stevia
- Core apples
- process apples and sweetener until a smooth paste forms
- add oats, cacao and mixed spices
- process until smooth
- add nuts and molasses and process until smooth
- if using whole oats grind into flour
- combine oat flour, mixed spices and stevia
- spoon into even portions
- roll into balls
- roll in flour mixture
- refrigerate for 30 mins + to firm slightly
- I would imagine these would keep well but since they were demolished within 2 days I'm not 100% sure!
I hope you give these a go, or any flavour combination with the apple oat base. I've tried a simple cinnamon, vanilla and extra chocolatey version but give anything a try, I'm sure it will work wonderfully with most combinations.
Love and Smiles,
Pin It Tweet