This is my favourite pizza. You can never have too many vegetables. Capsicums are also a great addition but I didn't have any when I made this. The cashew 'cheeze' is perfect. Perfectly perfect. I may or may not have eaten so much while I was cooking I wasn't sure if I would have enough left! Obviously you can top your pizza with any delicious veggies you desire but these are my favourties.
The Best Vegan Pizza!For 2 small pizzas (just smaller than dinner plate size)
2 x pizza bases (We've used pita bread, wraps, gluten free pre-made bases, home made dough, I even made cold mini ones with rice crackers!)
1/2 medium eggplant
1 small zucchini
2 large field mushrooms
2 fresh tomatoes
1/2 cup olives
1/2 cup raw cashew nuts (soaked becomes 1 cup)
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp asafoetida
1 tbsp dijon mustard
5 sun dried tomato halves (approximately 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp asafoetida
1/2 cup tomato paste
2 tbsp cashew 'cheeze' above
- Soak cashew nuts overnight (or for as long as you can if you have a high speed blender)
- Prepare bases as needed (make dough, thaw if frozen etc.)
- Pre-heat oven to 180-200 C depending on your pizza base
- Slice vegetables in 1/2 cm slices and dry fry eggplant, zucchini and mushrooms in a non-stick on a medium heat until golden and leave to cool
- Slice tomatoes and de-pit olives (if required)
- Drain cashews, combine cashew cheeze ingredients in a blender and process until smooth
- Empty into a bowl (leaving approximately 2 tbsp in the blender) and set aside
- Add tomato base ingredients to the blender, including the soaking water and blend until smooth
- Assemble pizzas, spreading the tomato base onto the pizza bases then layering vegetables as desired- making sure to spread out the olives- and top with small ammounts of cashew 'cheeze'.
- Note on the cheeze: If you would like your cheeze to remain the same consistency then add it to the pizza after baking. When cooked the edges of the cheeze will harden slightly and become more chewy. Personally I do both and enjoy both textures!
- Cook for 15-20 mins or until base is crisp
Who says pizza has to be oily and unhealthy? Not me! Veggies all the way. So that's mine...what's your favourite pizza?
Love and Smiles,