Thursday, January 30, 2014

Raspberry Pineapple 'ice cream'

I've been digging into pineapple versions of fruit 'ice cream' recently, as you can see here in my post on ASVD. I've been enjoying combinations like:
Mango, pineapple and almond milk (AMAZING by the way, I use a 1:1 ratio) and
Mixed berry, pineapple and almond milk (really yum with a ratio of 1:2)
but today I'll be sharing the raspberry pineapple version! It's sweet but a little tart and it's simplicity and clean flavours speak for themselves. If you're yet to try fruit 'ice cream' what are you waiting for? I've got lots more flavours here.

Raspberry Pineapple 'ice cream'
Makes 3-4 serves
1 cup frozen raspberries
2 cups frozen pineapple
1/2- 1 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy milk of your choice)
Optional
Stevia to sweeten (if you're pineapple is ripe and sweet you shouldn't need it but adjust to taste)
  • Combine all ingredients in a food processor/blender (my vitamix is the best but food processor comes a close second, regular blenders third)
  • Allow to thaw slightly for approximately 10 minutes (depending on the temperature)
  • Blend/process drizzling in almond milk as desired to form a smooth consistency
  • Adjust sweetness to taste
  • Enjoy!
  • This can be stored in the freezer but the texture will change
I hope you like this fruit 'ice cream' flavour- it was a real hit at my house!

Love and Smiles,







Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...