Thursday, December 19, 2013

'Creamy' Tomato and Almond Soup

This seriously simple weeknight meal was inspired by one of my favourite childhood tomato soups.. but since I don't always have the time to roast tomatoes and they're not always in season and ok- lets face it, I'm a lazy cook, this version came into being.

I love the combination of the rich tomato with creamy almond that elevates it without making it fatty and heavy. This is perfect with a nice slice of crusty bread but since gluten isn't my friend I've enjoyed it with many a brown rice cracker. 

'Creamy' Tomato and Almond Soup
Makes 2 serves
2 cups vegetable stock (make sure you use a good one!)
2 cups almond milk
400 ml passatta/tomato puree (or 1 x 400g can of tomatoes blended)
Freshly cracked black pepper
1/4 tsp asafoetida (or dried onion and garlic if you wish)

  • Combine all ingredients in a pot
  • Heat
  • Enjoy!

So that's my cheats tomato soup. What's your favourite soup? Do you have any yummy tomato soup recipes I should try?

Love and Smiles,










Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...