Thursday, December 12, 2013

Coconut Walnut Butter

In the interest of full disclosure I should tell you- this stuff is seriously addictive! I know you're probably all used to seeing nut butters and coconut butter but this combination is amazing!!! Just try it and you'll see. It's awesome. 

It tastes divine with fruit, as a dessert ingredient, on toast, rice cakes, off a spoon/your finger- you name it, it tastes great on it! It's a beautiful thick liquid as you make it but as it cools back down to room temperature it gets thicker, if you're using it as an ingredient for something that requires refrigeration/freezing it will solidify... which can be quite handy for setting desserts.

Coconut Walnut Butter
3 cups desiccated coconut
2 cups walnuts
1 cup coconut sugar (or other granulated/powdered sweetener of choice like natvia, stevia)
  • Process coconut until it forms a smooth liquid butter (approx. 5-10 mins)
  • Add coconut sugar/sweetener and process to combine (approx. 30 secs)
  • Add walnuts and process until a smooth, creamy butter forms (approx. 5 mins)
  • Pour into a jar and enjoy!
  • *do not store in the fridge, it will solidify!

I made this to try out coconut sugar... I quite like the caramely flavour, it reminds me of palm sugar but I'm not sure it's worth the negative health impact, yes it's not as bad for you as cane sugar but it's still not exactly good for you so next time I make this I'll be using natvia/stevia.

Love and Smiles,







Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...