Thursday, October 24, 2013

Strawberry and Black Pepper 'Ice Cream'

I know this one may seem a little out there but really, strawberries and pepper really is a tried and tested combination! They go wonderfully in salads so why not dessert?

You know I'm a fruit 'ice cream' addict but even I need to switch it up every now and then. This delicious combination of sweet strawberries with a hint of spice was the perfect (and super simple) thing to liven up my dessert.

Strawberry and Black Pepper 'Ice Cream'
Makes 2-3 serves
400g strawberries (frozen)
2/3 cup (165 ml) Non-dairy milk- I use almond milk because it's my favourite but anything will work)
1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
Optional
Stevia to sweeten (if you get sweet ripe strawberries you don't really need it)
  • If using fresh strawberries, de-stem and freeze
  • Combine non-dairy milk and frozen fruit in high power blender (alternately add slightly thawed frozen fruit to a food processor and drizzle liquid in)
  • Blend until smooth
  • Add black pepper to taste
  • Enjoy!
  • If you desire a firmer consistency return to freezer before serving.

I hope you're all enjoying some yummy desserts- just don't forget they can be healthy too!

Love and Smiles,







Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...