Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Vegan MoFo 7- Ani's Raw Food Kitchen- Almond Cookies


Today's recipe was inspired by the Almond Cookies from Ani's Raw Food Essentials (pg 291), I realise I've already shared this recipe on the blog but it's so delicious I just couldn't keep it to myself for this long!

These divine, decadent, chewy, chocolatey mouthfuls were inspired by Ani's recipe but I altered the recipe so much I'm happy to call it my own- but it did all start by me drooling over her photo of recipe.
Ani's Version:
1 cup dried Buckwhat groats
2 cups Almond meal
1 tbsp almond extract
2/3 cup agave
1 cup filtered water
20 whole almonds

Basically I went totally off the recipe and just used Ani's photo and ingredients as inspiration. I used the cute shape of them, omitted the buckwheat, used the almond base but whole almonds not meal, added stevia instead of agave, cut out the water and added a pinch of salt. I didn't feel like the intense-ness of almond essence ... and the hubs isn't a fan but I love using nuts to un-bake so I went with a traditional vanilla flavour. I also made them frozen/chilled instead of dehydrated because I like my cookies doughy and chewy and of course what better way to top off a decadent dessert than with a chocolate coating?

Claire's Version:
Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Bombs
Makes 5
1/2 cup Raw Cashew Nuts
1/2 cup Raw Almonds
Tiny pinch of Salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
Stevia to taste
50g Dark Chocolate (good quality 70%+)
  • Combine nuts in food processor
  • Process until a crumb forms
  • Texture mixture by pressing it together in your fingertips- it should release some oil and stick together
  • Scoop into approximately tablespoon size bites/balls (I used a spoon like this)
  • Place in freezer/fridge to firm while you
  • Chop chocolate into even pieces
  • Melt in a Bain Marie (bowl over a pot of hot water)
  • Place cookies on a cooling tray with baking paper under it
  • Spoon melted chocolate over cookies- make sure all sides are coated!
  • Refrigerate to set
  • Enjoy!
  • (Sorry, I have no idea how long they keep, they were gone in a flash!)

Made 5, I ate 1. The hubs got to the others-needless to say they were a HIT! Before the last bite had been taken I heard 'so, when are you making these again?'  I just know you'll love them too.

Love and Smiles,









Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...