Today's recipe was inspired by the Almond Cookies from Ani's Raw Food Essentials (pg 291), I realise I've already shared this recipe on the blog but it's so delicious I just couldn't keep it to myself for this long!
These divine, decadent, chewy, chocolatey mouthfuls were inspired by Ani's recipe but I altered the recipe so much I'm happy to call it my own- but it did all start by me drooling over her photo of recipe.
1 cup dried Buckwhat groats
2 cups Almond meal
1 tbsp almond extract
2/3 cup agave
1 cup filtered water
20 whole almonds
Basically I went totally off the recipe and just used Ani's photo and ingredients as inspiration. I used the cute shape of them, omitted the buckwheat, used the almond base but whole almonds not meal, added stevia instead of agave, cut out the water and added a pinch of salt. I didn't feel like the intense-ness of almond essence ... and the hubs isn't a fan but I love using nuts to un-bake so I went with a traditional vanilla flavour. I also made them frozen/chilled instead of dehydrated because I like my cookies doughy and chewy and of course what better way to top off a decadent dessert than with a chocolate coating?
Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Bombs
1/2 cup Raw Cashew Nuts
1/2 cup Raw Almonds
Tiny pinch of Salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
Stevia to taste
50g Dark Chocolate (good quality 70%+)
- Combine nuts in food processor
- Process until a crumb forms
- Texture mixture by pressing it together in your fingertips- it should release some oil and stick together
- Scoop into approximately tablespoon size bites/balls (I used a spoon like this)
- Place in freezer/fridge to firm while you
- Chop chocolate into even pieces
- Melt in a Bain Marie (bowl over a pot of hot water)
- Place cookies on a cooling tray with baking paper under it
- Spoon melted chocolate over cookies- make sure all sides are coated!
- Refrigerate to set
- (Sorry, I have no idea how long they keep, they were gone in a flash!)
Made 5, I ate 1. The hubs got to the others-needless to say they were a HIT! Before the last bite had been taken I heard 'so, when are you making these again?' I just know you'll love them too.
Love and Smiles,