Monday, September 9, 2013

Vegan MoFo 6- Ani's Raw Food Essentials- Pad Thai



Today's recipe comes from Ani's Raw Food Essentials (pg 227). I made this a while ago to test out some new noodles. As you can see I still tend to tweak vegan recipes to my requirements so I thought I'd show you what I changed to make this recipe.

This version of pad thai is so fresh and delicious- I was pleasantly surprised by the lemoney kick to the sauce, I have to say just looking at the ingredients I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was! (sorry for doubting you Ani). It's light and much nicer than any peanut versions I've had and although they do have additional decadence, I think I actually prefer this almond version.

I changed the recipe a fair bit, omitting the oil, changing the chili, adding 4 times the amount of basil and switching up the raw cabbage (which hurts my tummy) to kale and bean shoots and increased the total quantity of veggies. Overall a definite winner!

Pad Thai
Ani's version:
1/4 cup Almond Butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 tbsp bragg liquid aminos
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbsp jalapeno
1 tsp ground coriander
3/4 cup filtered water
1/4 cup fresh basil
1 cup thinly sliced cabbage
2 x 12 ounce packs of kelp noodles
Claire's Version:
Makes 2 large serves
1/4  1/2 cup Almond and Cashew Butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 tbsp bragg liquid aminos  Soy Sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbsp jalapeno 1 small red chilli
1 tsp ground coriander
3/4 cup filtered water
1/4 1 bunch (1 cup) fresh basil
1 cup thinly sliced cabbage 2 cups Kale, 2 cups bean shoots
2 x 12 ounce packs of kelp noodles 1 packet of Slim Me Noodles (or konjak noodles, rice noodles, bean noodles etc.)
Stevia to taste
  • Juice lemon
  • Chop chili (seeds in or out depending on how hot you like it)
  • Combine almond butter, soy sauce, lemon juice, coriander, stevia and water- mix well
  • De-stem kale and slice leaves
  • Massage kale- it will get softer and less bouncy which makes it much nicer to eat
  • Cover with dressing and allow to sit while you
  • Cook noodles according to packet instructions
  • Combine kale, sauce, chili, bean shoots and noodles
  • Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this version as much as I do!

Love and Smiles,






Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...