Thursday, August 15, 2013

Zucchini Pasta with Mushrooms in a 'creamy' Avocado Sauce

The journey to eating more raw foods has been great fun. I've been especially loving my juices, smoothies, super salads, raw soups and veggie 'pastas'. For veggie 'pasta' I like carrot and zucchini best. I have noticed I've been eating many more nuts to stay full though, and as much as I love nuts and value the nutrients they bring to my diet I thought I should add a little more variety to my plate. This 'creamy' sauce is avocado based.

I find that adding good fats to my raw meals really keeps me satisfied and this is no exception The avocado makes a delicious base for the thick sauce that coats the zucchini and mushrooms are like little nuggets of earthy flavour in your mouthfuls. I really enjoyed this meal and hope you do too!


Zucchini Pasta with Mushrooms in a 'creamy' Avocado Sauce
Makes 2-3 serves
3 zucchini (approximately 600-700g or 1.5 lbs)
3 large mushrooms
Sauce
1 avocado
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 tbsp spice infused vinegar (mine has herbs and mustard seeds but any herb/white wine vinegar or ACV will be great too)
1/2 cup water
  • Spiral cut zucchini- if you don't have a spiral cutter just use a veggie peeler and make ribbons!
  • Chop mushrooms into large chunks
  • Combine all sauce ingredients and blend until smooth (I use a stick blender but use whatever you have)
  • Combine and toss all ingredients well
  • Serve promptly- if you're making it ahead of time dress immediately before serving
  • Enjoy!
This is a delicious raw dinner, even if you're not fussed about raw food this is a winner- and lets face it, if you really wanted you could use the same sauce on any noodles/pasta you like. 

Submitted to Raw Food Thursdays

and Healthy Vegan Fridays
Hope you're fitting lots of veggies in your meals,

Love and Smiles,







Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...