Thursday, August 8, 2013

Raspberry Orange Sorbet

I love something sweet after a meal but I'm mighty picky- it's got to be healthy, vegan, no sugar/refined fat and quick and easy to make (because unfortunately while I'm studying I really don't have the time to make complex meals) So that usually adds up to something like this delicious fruit 'ice cream. You can find all my other fruit 'ice cream' flavours here.

I know I've done many before and there will be many in the future but this is one of the best combos! It's slightly tart (unless you like it sweet and add more stevia) and packed with flavour. The mixture of orange and raspberry is wonderfully refreshing and bright, it's the sort of vibrant summer dessert you'd love to enjoy on the beach.

Raspberry Orange Sorbet
Apologies for the melting- It was quite hot! (38 degrees, thus the need for an icy treat)
Makes 3-4 serves
4 cups Frozen Raspberries
4 small or 2 large Oranges + zest
Stevia as desired
  • Zest oranges
  • Peel and de-seed oranges and add to blender/food processor
  • Add frozen raspberries
  • Process until it reaches a smooth soft serve consistency
  • Adjust sweetness to taste with stevia (personally I don't add it but if I was cooking for others I would add it)
  • Enjoy!
  • If you desire a firmer texture simply return it to the freezer.

I know this one's a winner but if you're not convinced why not check out some other flavours! I hope you're enjoying some lovely healthy desserts too,


Submitted to Raw Food Thursdays
and Healthy Vegan Fridays
Love and Smiles,







Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...