Thursday, July 4, 2013

Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Bombs

These divine, decadent, chewy, chocolatey mouthfuls were inspired by an Ani's Raw Food Essentials recipe for raw almond cookies (pg291). I altered the recipe so much I'm happy to call it my own but it started by drooling over her pic and recipe.

I didn't feel like the intense-ness of almond essence ... and the hubs isn't a fan but I love using nuts to un-bake so I went with a traditional vanilla flavour. I made them frozen/chilled instead of dehydrated because I like my cookies doughy and chewy and what better way to top off a decadent dessert than with a chocolate coating?

Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Bombs
Makes 5
1/2 cup Raw Cashew Nuts
1/2 cup Raw Almonds
Tiny pinch of Salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
Stevia to taste
50g Dark Chocolate (good quality 70%+)
  • Combine nuts in food processor
  • Process until a crumb forms
  • Check the texture mixture by pressing it together in your fingertips- it should release some oil and stick together
  • Scoop into approximately tablespoon size bites/balls (I used a spoon like this)
  • Place in freezer/fridge to firm while you
  • Chop chocolate into even pieces
  • Melt in a Bain Marie (bowl over a pot of hot water)
  • Place cookies on a cooling tray with baking paper under it
  • Spoon melted chocolate over cookies- make sure all sides are coated!
  • Refrigerate to set
  • Enjoy!
  • (Sorry, I have no idea how long they keep, they were gone in a flash!)

Made 5, I ate 1. The hubs got to the others-needless to say they were a HIT! Before the last bite had been taken I heard 'so, when are you making these again?'  I just know you'll love them too.
Submitted to Raw Food Thursdays 
(just make sure you use raw chocolate)
and Healthy Vegan Fridays
(feel free to omit the chocolate to make it even healthier!)
Love and Smiles,







Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...