Thursday, June 20, 2013

Super Purple/Green Thick-shake

This thick-shake definitely lives up to its name. It is seriously thick- the straw sands up in it it's so dense! The sweet, 'creamy' concoction has a hint of chocolate but the fruity blueberries and banana take pride of place. I may have snuck lots of greens in to boost it's nutrient value but you would never know, it tastes divine.


Super Purple/Green Thick-shake
Makes 2 serves
1/4 cup raw cashew nuts
4 cups fresh baby spinach (or 250g frozen)
1 cup blueberries
1 frozen banana
2 cups water
3 tbsp carob
Vanilla Stevia to taste (or any sweetener you desire)
  • Soak cashews for as long as is convenient
  • Add cashews and water to blender
  • Blend until smooth 
  • Add the remaining ingredients
  • Blend well
  • Adjust sweetness to taste
  • Enjoy!
Are you a green smoothie person? Do you down delicious green monsters regularly? 
I'm not sure if I am (yet?)- I think I prefer my veggie juices and my smoothies sweet and decadent, luckily this one covers that so I loved it! I think it has a lot to do with how powerful your blender is though, I have a feeling if it was completely smooth it might win me over... ah well, until I'm blessed with a blendtec or vitamix I shall keep using my trusty sunbeam. What's your blender of choice?

Submitted to Raw Food Thursdays
and Healthy Vegan Fridays
Love and Smiles,







Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...