Thursday, May 2, 2013

Feedback Survey Results

Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to do my little survey! It was great to get some feedback to push me in the right direction- I'm really glad I took the time to do it. The results are in!

Firstly I think I need to confirm my mission:
I'm not trying to teach anyone to cook. I'm not pretending I'm a chef or nutritionist. I'm also not trying to make money- I have ads on the blog sometimes to try to fund improvements on the blog (moving to .com, plates from the op shop, backgrounds for photos etc). I'm just a home cook and this is what I eat. Basically this is my online collection of recipes that went well and I don't want to forget. I use my blog as a online cookbook- so when I forget what I put in something I can just search for it and get cooking. I want to help others make healthy food choices and I share my recipes because I think they're yummy but my primary concern has always been keeping a record of the recipes.

This is a hobby, it's for fun! It's not going to be perfect- even if I may want it to be. My real life is quite busy enough (completing my masters thesis, running research projects, teaching, producing artwork for exhibitions, keeping the house going and putting energy into my marriage and friendships) so the time I can dedicate to the blog is limited- as it should be, life comes first in my opinion. 

I have to say I was surprised (but also sort of pleased) to hear that you guys don't like product reviews and giveaways! I was under the impression that everyone liked free stuff but apparently not. I have to admit I much prefer just sharing what I make so that's what I'm going to stick to.

Posting frequency is something I'd love to have the time to change. I'll keep it in mind and try to post more but I'm not making any promises- life is hectic at the mo. I do, however promise that Vegan MoFo (month of food) in October will see you bombarded with daily posts! I've been working on them for a while now and I really hope you will enjoy them :)

Comments- I've been using IntenseDebate for comments because of the stupid amounts of spam that was getting through. I'm sorry some of you are having probs with it- I didn't realise. What specifically happens? If I can fix it I will. I know some comments with links were being caught in the filter but I've been checking it more regularly so that shouldn't be happening any more.

Short term changes:

  • Adding email subscription option in the right sidebar
  • No more product reviews
  • No more giveaways
  • Add mission statement to about me page
Long term changes:
(These will need the holidays to complete so don't hold your breath)
  • Remaking traditional recipes- I'm going to need your help for this one, what sort of recipes do you want to see made vegan and healthy? All suggestions welcome!
  • Adding nutritional information to my recipes- I plan on using cronometer to give you all the nutritional info you could want but this is a huge project, entering all the ingredients for each of the hundreds of recipes but eventually I'll get there!
  • Moving the blog over to wordpress.org- for those of you who would like a change in design, what do you think I should change? There are so many to pick from!
  • eCookbook- I'll try to put together a small ebook with a mixture of brand new and older blog recipes in an easier format for your cooking convenience.

What do you think? Are you happy with these changes? Have I forgotten any?


Thanks again for your feedback- It is very much appreciated,
Love & Smiles,







Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...