Thursday, April 11, 2013

Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

I was introduced to the peanut butter chocolate combination later than most, a friend returned from the US with precious few reeses cups and shared one with me- it was instant love. Seriously mind altering- ok maybe that had a little to do with the sugar rush that accompanied it but I was hooked. 

Obviously when you're trying to eat a plant based diet they aren't going to be on your shopping list. These little beauties however are a completely acceptable *occasional* treat. We all know a little dark chocolate is good for you and this no added sugar version is made with organic pb that is full of protein and none of the baddies. So enjoy ok?! If you're still in doubt these mini cups are about a tablespoon in size- they're their own perfect portion control. 

Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Makes 12 mini cups (approx. 80 cals each)
100g dark chocolate (get the best quality you can)
1/2 cup organic unsweetened, unsalted peanut butter (or almond butter, cashew butter, tahini et.)
Tiny pinch of salt
Stevia to taste (about 20 drops)
Sprinkles to decorate (optional)
  • Chop chocolate into even pieces
  • Combine with salt in a metal or glass bowl
  • Melt over a bain marie (bowl over pot of water)
  • When melted spoon 1tsp into each casing
  • Roll around the sides
  • Refrigerate to firm for 10 mins
  • Combine peanut butter and stevia, stirring well to combine
  • Remove from fridge and add 1tsp of peanut butter to each cup
  • Cover with 1tsp melted chocolate
  • Top with sprinkles/decorations if desired
  • Refrigerate to set for 15 mins
  • Enjoy!
  • (Keep in the fridge if it's hot to avoid a meltdown)
I know you'll love this one, seriously, just go make them. 

The Dr Fuhrman style of eating is going really well- even the night my husband got a veg burger and fries- I just made some yummy baked sweet potato fries :) There have been some days I've eaten too little and some times I have thought about other foods or binge eating but I've managed to acknowledge the thought and quickly move away from it, keeping it out of my precious brain real estate and focusing on something else. I'll update my stats weekly in my progress journal for those who want to see but all in all the first week (or 3 days) is usually the hardest and I'm swimming on by day 5 now. Feeling better by the day! I hope you all are too,

Love and Smiles,







Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...