Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Running- I'm doing the C25K program!

I have a confession to make. I hate running. 

It's a long running hatred, despite the fact I was a sporty kid and ran quite a lot it was never enjoyable. If it was between plunging myself into an ice bath and running I would pick the ice. Post puberty it just got worse, adding a disproportionately large chest into the mix just made an un-enjoyable activity downright painful (and quite literally a bloody mess)

I think the lowest point was the term my sports teacher decided we would do mini triathlons. I still have flashbacks of me holding my bouncing chest while running in bathers. The rhythmic stinging, ripping, burning pain was enough to make me swear off running for a decade. 

Despite this I have recurring dreams about running. Idyllic painless running- being free and happy while running rather than my reality. I wish so much I could run and enjoy it.
But wishing doesn't get you anywhere so I've decided to do something about it.

I'm embarked on the C25K program (and am considering reduction surgery). Its a light start to ease me into it but I know lots of people have had success with it so I'm willing to try it. Have any of you completed it?

I got the c25k Pro app to help me and like it much better than running alone. Well worth $1.90 in my opinion. Lets be honest, I still need all the help I can get so any runners out there- your advice is more than welcome!

So there you have it- I'm officially running. I'll let you know how it goes....

All the best,






Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...