Thursday, January 3, 2013

Strawberry & Vanilla Breakfast Smoothie

I love strawberries! After eating two luscious punnets plain I thought I should try and make something yummy with the third. They made this wonderfully quick breakfast that fuelled me perfectly until lunch. It's sweet and thick but refreshing and light- perfect for those mornings you have to rush out the door. If you're not a strawberry fan why not use another yummy berry or soft fruit? Let me know if it works out well!
Strawberry and Vanilla Breakfast Smoothie
Makes 1 large serve
2 tbsp oat flakes
2 tbsp quinoa flakes
1.5 cups almond milk
1 cup strawberries
Vanilla stevia to taste
1/2 tsp vanilla paste (or a couple of drops of extract)
  • Chop strawberries
  • combine all ingredients and blend until smooth
  • leave to sit for approx 10 mins to thicken
  • Enjoy!
Do you always eat breakfast? Sometimes I'm so busy I just grab a juice or piece of fruit to munch on the train so this is a good alternative for me- especially since it fits in a thermos/travel mug!

Love and Smiles,

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...