Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Juice Fast days 4-8


I'm happy to report the juice fast is going well. I'm feeling good all round. Sleeping soundly, waking without an alarm and often a song in my head! I have the energy to keep up with the pets and desire to seek out more delicious juice combos so I'm feeling good about extending this fast... still not sure how long but i'll see how my body feels each day and reassess. 

Life just looks sunnier at the moment. My darling husband has requested 'holiday Claire' all the time. I think the fact that there's a distinct holiday and working Claire is a sign something's up- perhaps I need to make some changes in my priorities and reflect on the way I deal with things in every day life. Do you change when you're on holidays?

Day 4 - 3.8 kg
Had a perfect day at the beach, it was hot so we hid inside for most of the day then went for a walk and swim and watched the sun set. When I say it was hot I mean HOT. 40+! so as you can see I was drinking all day to keep hydrated. I had a good amount of energy considering and wasn't hungry. My body felt so light and good swimming, I much prefer it this way. I had energy late into the night and slept soundly.

B- Orange, beetroot, carrot, lettuce, spinach, cabbage, broccoli, celery, cucumber juice
MT- Lemon juice, water, stevia
L- Orange, beetroot, carrot, lettuce, spinach, cabbage, broccoli, celery, cucumber juice
AT- Lemon juice, water, stevia
D- Orange, beetroot, carrot, lettuce, spinach, cabbage, broccoli, celery, cucumber juice
D- Orange, beetroot, carrot, lettuce, spinach, cabbage, broccoli, celery, cucumber juice
Exercise- Walk along the beach with the dog. Walking up the dunes is a great workout!

Day 5 - 3.8 kg
Stacks of energy, up with the sun. I had an oddly stressful day with learner drivers, ended up tired but alert by the end of it. Made a huge batch of juices for me and the hubs, 3/4 a day each really adds up. Unfortunately had to buy some non-organic veg because it was all we could get but it still tastes lovely.

B- Orange, beetroot, carrot, lettuce, spinach, cabbage, broccoli, celery, cucumber juice
L- Orange, beetroot, carrot, lettuce, spinach, cabbage, broccoli, celery, cucumber juice
D- Carrot, lettuce, capsicum, beetroot juice
Teas
Exercise- Walk

Day 6 - 4.7 kg
Still feeling good overall but I left lunch too late and got REALLY tired, emotionally blah and cold. Must remember not to do that again. (Hormones to blame too). People around me are sick and I can feel my throat is a bit tender. Don't want to get sick- early night to make sure of it.

B- Carrot, lettuce, beetroot juice
L- Carrot, lettuce, capsicum, beetroot juice
D- Carrot, lettuce, beetroot juice
Exercise- Walk

Day 7 - 5.2 kg
Experimented with juices again and made my best one yet! I love juicing pomegranates. All is well, feeling much better than yesterday- just need to keep the juices regular and not let the hormones take over. Enjoying the down time to read at the beach. Most people bring fiction, I'm reading veg nutrition and raw cook books :)

B- Pomegranate, lettuce, cucumber juice
L- Pomegranate, lettuce, cucumber, mint, carrot, kale juice- This juice is AWESOME! Seriously yummy. I usually add a tiny bit of stevia to my veggie juices but this one does not need it. It's perfect just the way it is! I wish it was a prettier colour but the kale is worth it for it amazing nutrients. If you're going to try a juice, this would be my suggestion. mmmm
D- Tiny amount of Coconut water (tasted weird) Herbal teas
Exercise- Walk

Day 8 - 5.7 kg
'Sunshine, on the window, makes me happy, like I should be!' I want to move down to the beach. This lifestyle is just perfect. Looking after 2 pets and 2 children is completely different to my usual life (just me and hubs) so I think I'm adjusting pretty well. It's not as stressful as people kept telling me it would be- perhaps I'm just in a good place and adjusting though?

B- Pomegranate, lettuce, cucumber, mint, carrot, kale juice
L- Pomegranate, lettuce, cucumber, mint, carrot, kale juice
D- Pomegranate, lettuce, cucumber, mint, carrot, kale juice
D- Herbal Teas

You
 know what's funny- It's been a week since I've 'cooked' anything and I'm really missing it! When you do something so often it can seem like a chore... the first few days of no cooking and dishes was wonderful! but now I'm looking forward to getting back into the kitchen.


Love and Smiles,







P.S I'm having some serious internet problems out here so please bare with my while I try to use maccas wifi to reply to comments on my phone.
Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...