Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Juice Fast days 12-21

Time for my final juice fast update! I've been very much enjoying my juicy en devour and have now returned from the beach (landing back to reality with a crash). While I've been feeling great and am extremely tempted to continue I have decided that it's time to end my juice fast. As I promised I have been listening to my body and making wise decisions. I've been fairly active, going for two long walks a day with the dog and going for swims when the weather is warm but the increased demands on my energy, emotions and brainpower now I'm back means I'm no longer comfortable with the slight placidity or weakness that has accompanied me through this journey. Granted I could increase the amount of juice and fruit juice I've been having but to be honest, I miss food! I've also had some funny symptoms that while I'm not sure are even related have also contributed to this decision...

Day 12- 6.7 kg Feeling good, having lots of herbal teas today. Feeling unsure how long I should keep this up... I'm getting a bit hungry and tired. Having negative thoughts about disordered eating today. Not worth getting back into bad habits, got to try and get on top of them. Turned my day around, have a lovely run on the beach and fun with the hubs. I'm feeling light and freee!

B- Beetroot, carrot, mint, lettuce, cucumber, kale, spinach Juice + 1tsp chia seeds
L- Beetroot, carrot, mint, lettuce, cucumber, kale, spinach Juice + 1tsp chia seeds
D- Beetroot, carrot, mint, lettuce, cucumber, kale, spinach Juice + 1tsp chia seeds

Day 13- 7.7 kg Had a bit of an upset stomach today... maybe one of the herbal teas wasn't great for me. Dropped the hubs off at the station, bit teary and emotional about it all, missing him already- I'm such a sop! I have a thick white coating on my tongue, it won't scrape or brush off. Also I have tonsil stones- gross but I'm happy it's coming out. Detoxing nicely. I have an earache too, not sure if it's from the sea wind or this..

B- Beetroot, carrot, mint, lettuce, cucumber, kale, spinach Juice + 1tsp chia seeds
L- Apple, capsicum, carrot, lettuce Juice + 1tsp chia seeds
D- Apple, capsicum, carrot, lettuce Juice + 1tsp chia seeds

Day 14- 8.2 kg I can't wait to get my excess weight off... More tonsil stones, I hate them but I'm focusing on it getting them out. Looong walk with the dog, throwing the ball for so long was a great arm work out but by the end of it I was getting tired and dizzy- time for lemonade!

B- Apple, capsicum, carrot, lettuce Juice + 1tsp chia seeds
L- Apple, capsicum, carrot, lettuce Juice + 1tsp chia seeds
AT- Lemonade (Lemon juice + Vanilla Stevia + Water)
D- Apple, capsicum, carrot, lettuce Juice + 1tsp chia seeds

Day 15- 8.7 kg I had such a bad stomach ache that it woke me in the night... upset tummy isn't fun. Got up the energy to walk the dog though. I had a violent reaction (read projectile vomit) to my lunch juice. Not sure if it was because my tummy didn't want food or juicing the entire lemon or the sweet potato was a bad idea but it just wasn't going in (well, staying in). Needless to say I don't recommend you try that combo. My arms are very sore from all the throwing of balls- I know I sound like a wimp but we're talking 4 hours a day of long distance throwing for the dog.. I think my healing time has significantly reduced. 

B- Apple, capsicum, carrot, lettuce Juice + 1tsp chia seeds
L- Sweet potato, lemon (the entire lemon), cucumber, lettuce Juice- BAD REACTION
D- Kale, lime, purple grapes, cucumber, mint Juice + 1tsp chia seeds

Day 16- 8.7 kg Feeling much better today, I think the body's getting used to fasting. My body is feeling better, I can feel the body I should have trapped under the excess fat. Contemplating extending the fast to 60 days today, it would be nice to push myself but this is getting expensive. Contemplating incorporating short regular juice fasts, say on the weekends? had a bad reaction to my flavoured herbal teas today- the ingredients appear safe but judging from my flushed cheeks, head spins and sinus headaches that followed apparently not. They also caused my tummy to rumble for the first time in ages and kicked up the hunger. Shame, they were yummy.. still, better I know now. I shall be sticking to the ones I know are safe.

B- Kale, lime, purple grapes, cucumber, mint Juice + 1tsp chia seeds
L- Had too much herbal tea... BAD REACTION
D- Kale, lime, purple grapes, cucumber, mint Juice + 1tsp chia seeds

Day 17- 8.7 kg Hungry today, feeling a little weak. Stomach still grumbling. Quite sneezy and mucusy today. Feeling sorry for myself. Curled up with a good book and got lots of dog cuddles.

B- Apple, capsicum, carrot, lettuce Juice + 1tsp chia seeds
L- Apple, capsicum, carrot, lettuce Juice + 1tsp chia seeds
D- Tired. Just went to bed.

Day 18- 9.2 kg Went out and found a Whole Foods! Why did no one tell me about it before??? For all you Aussies the WF in Torquay (near Bells beach) is gorgeous. Dizzy today, shouldn't have skipped dinner- oops. I've been thinking about ending the fast today, food looks and smells so good, of course that could be because freshly baked cupcakes always smell lovely. I found all fruit juice, no added sugar ice blocks at WF- so stoked. I've started thinking about how I want to break the fast...because my cravings have subsided I don't really know where to start. I think a smoothie sounds good, then salad or a raw veggie meal sticking to no sugar/salt/oil. I've been really quite hungry today, wanted to stop but convinced myself to keep going and finish all the veggies I got. 

B- Veg out Juice at Whole Foods (Parsley, Lemon, Carrot, Greens)
L- Peach, silver beet, zucchini, mint, spinach Juice + 1tsp chia seeds
D- Peach, silver beet, zucchini, mint, spinach Juice + 1tsp chia seeds
D- Lemonade

Day 19- 9.7 kg I'm almost there! really looking forward to food now. I slept in a LOT today- the dog was jumping on me all night and waking me up. I've been scared all night. I woke dizzy, faint, shaky with my heart beating far faster than normal. Worried, tried meditating but couldn't bring it down until it returned to normal by itself a few hours later. Then the police came around to see one of the children I was looking after and it was weird again for a little bit. I decided he owed me ice blocks, they were absolutely delicious. After one testing day I was completely and utterly exhausted and went to bed early.

B- Nectarine, lettuce, zucchini, silver beet, mint Juice + 1tsp chia seeds
L- Nectarine, lettuce, zucchini, silver beet, mint Juice + 1tsp chia seeds
D- Pomegranate and Blueberry Juice Ice blocks x 2 (36 calories each!) Absolutely divine.

Day 20- 9.7 kg The thick white coating on my tongue has disappeared! Yay. I'm still sneezy and tired though, more than likely because the dog woke me up at 3am and I couldn't get back to sleep, just lay there meditating and resting. I was slightly dizzy and emotional today. I need my sleep!

B- Apple, Spinach, Silver beet, Cucumber, Mint Juice + 1tsp chia seeds
L- Apple, Spinach, Silver beet, Cucumber, Mint Juice + 1tsp chia seeds
D- Limeade (Lime Juice, Vanilla Stevia, Water)

Day 21- 9.7 kg  Today was a long day, travel, cleaning, setting up the house again took it's toll and my body is eager for some solid food. I had SO much energy this morning, I'm not worried about continuing it really but I would prefer to play it safe. I think if/when I do a longer fast I would prefer to get a doctor on side to make sure everything is perfect. Breathing is hard today- the smoke from the bush fires really takes is toll on my lungs. 

B- Apple, Spinach, Silver beet, Cucumber, Mint Juice + 1tsp chia seeds
L- Travelling, wasn't hungry...
D- Apple, Spinach, Silver beet, Cucumber, Mint Juice + 1tsp chia seeds



To sum it all up I've had some pretty impressive results if I do say so myself...

My skin has never been so soft, luscious (my dear husband's word), clear and bright. The slight irritation/dermatitis that occurred earlier has cleared up perfectly.
My energy levels in the morning have been insane and I've been much more alert late into the nights.
I've been sleeping better- for less time but good quality sleep. This one was priceless to me as I've always had crazy dreams that interrupt my nights.
My nails are hard as rocks and much brighter white.
I have stopped thinking about 'naughty' foods- here's hoping that sticks around!
My emotions have been much more level- even my hormones didn't throw a spanner in the works.


On the down side I have been much more placid- less vibrant. I found this peacefulness simultaneously wonderful and irritating. I have had much more time to think and relax on holidays though so I'm sure it's a combination of the two.
The sides of my lips and tongue have been prone to getting dry and cracked- as have my eyes.
Apologies for TMI with this one- My digestive system has obviously slowed right down, going from a high fiber raw vegan diet to liquids meant my daily regularity slowed to biweekly, not a big deal but note worthy all the same.
Detox symptoms are always a downer- the headaches, tiredness, toxic hunger and tonsil stones were the worst of it, but really, I'm not complaining, they were totally worth it to feel great the rest of the time!

Total weight loss: - 9.7 kgs, -7.6% body fat
Measurements
Neck: - 2 cm
Bust: - 7 cm
Upper Arm: - 3 cm
Waist (smallest point): - 10 cm
Navel: - 12 cm
Hip: - 7 cm
Bum: - 4 cm
Upper Thigh: - 3 cm
Calf: - 1.5 cm

I have really enjoyed the last 3 weeks and would definitely do it again- potentially in the not too distant future- would you?

I hope you're all well and enjoying your meals. I know I'll be savoring every delicious bite after abstaining for a little while!
Love and Smiles,








Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...