This crumble tastes wonderful alone or with a cold accompaniment like fruit 'ice cream' or coyo (coconut yoghurt). It's a delicious and filling in all it's wintery wonderfullness and it really is healthy enough to be eaten for breakfast or dessert!
Quinoa and Oat Apple Cinnamon Crumble1 tbsp oat flour
1 tbsp quinoa flakes
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp apple butter
1 cup stewed apple (apple, lemon, stevia, vanilla, cinnamon)
- Stew apples (chop and core apple, simmer in as little water as possible with lemon juice & cinnamon until tender)
- combine apple butter, cinnamon, quinoa flakes + oat flakes into a crumbly 'dough'
- assemble crumble, stewed apple on the bottom + crumble mixture on top
- bake at 180 C until the top is golden
- Enjoy!... I have no idea if this keeps, it's always gone in one serve!
Left: Stewed apple crumble base; Right: Topped with quinoa and oat crumble
You can see the apple is still rich and moist but the top crisps up as a yummy contrast of textures. If quinoa isn't your thing then you can just use more oats or try a couple of my other yummy crumble recipes!
All the best,