Kari at Bite Sized Thoughts was kind enough to nominate my for the Leibster award. My apologies for taking so long to get around to it but I really appreciated it Kari, thank you. If you're yet to check out her blog, go, now!
The Liebster Award supposedly stems from the German word for Liebster, which is dearest. It has 5 parts:
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 interview questions you’ve been given by the person who nominated you.
- Create 11 new questions.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
- Go and tell the person who nominated you, along with the people you’ve nominated about your post.
11 Random Facts about me
- I can do the splits! All 3 of them.
- I have real problems doing nothing... meditating is a great challenge for me! Even when I work or watch tv I'm doing something else at the same time.
- When I first started this blog I made a conscious effort not to care about the photography- it was about the food, food that I was eating and my life came first not getting the perfect shot and eating a cold dinner alone. Ah how things have changed! When I began scheduling posts and stopped trying to post daily things got a lot more fun :)
- It seems I'm allergic to everything, sometimes I think it would be easier not to eat. I've recently discovered stone fruit, kiwis and figs are now on the no-go list! how sad...
- I'm a secondary art teacher. I love working with little people, some people think I'm crazy but it's great fun! There have been days I'd much prefer to stay in the art room than be a grown up and come to the staff room. Growing up is so overrated.
- I do not own a car. We live walking distance from public transport and shops so the longer I can put it off the better!
- My eyebrows and eyelashes are so blonde that without make-up on I look like I don't have any. The before and after transformation is quite entertaining to me.
- I grew up in the UK. For the first half of my life I lived in greater London but no longer have any trace of an accent.
- I get really bad hayfever. I have been know to sneeze non stop in my sleep and hide in the house from the evil pollen. My throat and ears get really itchy and I use my tongue to scratch them. I even have an epipen for when my throat decides to close up.
- I get sick of looking at my own photographs- I have some hanging in the house at my darling husband's request but every time I look at them I see what I want to change or could have done better. Or what I would like to do in another experience.
- I think Venice is better than disney land. I LOVE Italy (and my fathers side of the family is Italian)
- If you had to limit yourself to 10 foods for one week, what would they be? Brown Rice, Tofu, Spinach, Cucumber, Celery, Lettuce, Carrot, Banana, Berries, Stevia.
- If you came into a large amount of money, would you keep working? If not, what would you do? I would work part time teaching and/or working on research projects and part time as an artist. I love my work, even if I didn't get paid I would still do it.
- What is one experience or event (big or small) that you would like to do in your lifetime? Paraglide. I want to fly.
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? Children's wallpaper designer so I could draw anything I wanted!
- If you had to move from your current town / city, where would be your first choice to move to? Mansfield- in the high country in rural Victoria, Australia. I was teaching there this year and it's just gorgeous. Mountains, lakes, beautiful landscapes.
- What was your favourite year at school, and why? The final year because the subjects were ones you loved, relationships with teachers were so strong and everyone supported each other when it got tough.
- If you could meet anyone alive today, who would you meet? My mother, she died when I was very young and it would be amazing.
- If you were given a full day to yourself, no work and no commitments, how would you spend it? Sleep in, yoga/meditate and have a relaxed breakfast with my husband. Something out in nature, a walk, a bike ride, a swim, something outdoors (take camera & get some good shots). Go food shopping. Create a recipe, photograph and blog it. Go out for dinner with the hubs, enjoy a musical or movie. Sleep well.
- What is the best book you've read this year? You know the fair rule- Bill Rogers. Yeah ok, I know I'm really a teacher now.
- If you were given a plane ticket to anywhere in the world, where would it be to? I could cheat and say a round the world ticket but I would love to go back to Italy.
- (Given my running shoe focus) - What was the last pair of shoes you bought? Ballet flats in black, purple, blue and tan. Perfect for with summer dresses.
- Are you allergic to anything?
- Can you stick to a recipe? do you?
- If you could hire a personal chef what would you request?
- Are you comfortable within your body? If not why?
- What's your favourite unusual form of exercise?
- If you could create your perfect classroom/teacher what would they entail?
- What do you think of when you hear PhD?
- Do you buy cook books without photos? why/why not?
- What is your preferred artistic medium? drawing/painting/photography/sculpture/food/jewellery/textiles etc.
- What was the last gift you gave that made you smile?
- Do you shop at op shops/charity shops? why or why not?
- Sandy- Vegans eat yummy food too!
- Lou- Fridge Scrapings
- Erin- The Healthy Apron
- Joey- Flicking the V's
- Em- This Rawsome Vegan Life
- Janet- The Taste Space
- Gluten Free Happy Tummy
- Lisa- Raw on $10 a Day
- Sarah- This is What I Eat
- Gabby- The Veggie Nook
- Carrie- Carrie on Vegan
Thanks again Kari!
I hope you're all well and smiling,