Thursday, November 1, 2012

Smoked Tofu Steak with 'Creamy' Greens & Garlic Mushrooms

You know sometimes it's quite nice to make your dinner look pretty. Others it's great fun to chuck in all in one pot and stir. It tastes wonderful both ways, just a little cleaner if you cook everything in separate pans/pots...but it does all end up in the same place so either works for me! This is a rarity for me, I'm usually the pot dumper to save time but I had a little extra up my sleeve the other night so I thought I'd have a little play...
This combination of flavours was just perfect. The salty smoked tofu was just divine and vegetables could hold their own rich flavour. It was so yummy I ate this serve and then the other I'd put away for the next day too! It's most definitely a keeper- go on, give it a go.
Smoked Tofu Steak with 'Creamy' Greens and Garlic Mushrooms
Makes 1 large or 2 small serves
1 bunch silverbeet leaves (3 cups?)
150g smoked soy tofu (1/2 packet)
3 tbsp soy sauce
Garlic mushrooms
4 cups Swiss brown mushrooms
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup vegetable stock
Creamy tofu vinegar sauce
150g silken tofu (1/2 packet)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable stock
  • Slice smoked tofu and marinate in soy sauce while preparing
  • Slice mushrooms and silverbeet
  • cook mushrooms with smashed garlic clove and stock until tender
  • blend silken tofu, apple cider vinegar and stock
  • cook silverbeet leaves with 1/2 the tofu sauce until tender
  • dry fry tofu steaks in pan until golden
  • assemble however you desire, including the remaining sauce
  • Enjoy!
Sometimes presentation is fun, others the food just wants to jump in your mouth asap... either way I hope you're all enjoying your food- however it looks!

All the best,


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Presentation is definitely fun sometimes, and this is definitely well presented! What a gorgeous stack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so beautiful and delicious. I will try this too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipe! I love the pictures.And I’m definitely going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When can I get you to come over and cook for me? :)

    By the way, I ordered yarn for your cowl! Are you already on Etsy? Put me in your circle! I think i can list it as being reserved for you, when the yarn gets here and I knit it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am definitely a pot dumper, too! My grandpa always said everything ends up in the same place, just like you did. :-) Beautiful presentation on this dish. I have an award for you at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh Great. I Liked.

    Thanks

    Murat

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing.... and I'm sure it tasted just as good - it is quite fun playing with presentation sometimes too, I agree!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...