Thursday, November 22, 2012

Raspberry & Passion fruit Sorbet

Fruit 'ice creams' or sorbets have to be my favourite dessert in warm weather. They're super simple to make and always taste great. This combo of passion fruit and raspberry is definitely a winner! Sweet but tart and packed with flavour. 

I enjoy them as soft serve consistency when they've just been made but they taste wonderful re-frozen too, just defrost them a little ahead of time. If you haven't tried them yet do it!! The fruit only sorbet style is delish or if you want to make it 'creamy' try adding soy milk or coconut cream. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Raspberry and Passion fruit Sorbet
Makes 2-3 serves
1 cup passion fruit
2 cups frozen raspberries
  • Slice and scoop out the passion fruit flesh
  • freeze
  • thaw raspberries and passion fruit for approx 5 mins
  • blend well, scraping down the sides
  • Enjoy!
  • keeps in the freezer for months- just let it thaw before eating
All the best,







Pin It

7 comments:

  1. It looks delicious. I miss fresh raspberries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling, I miss fruit so much in winter. Thank goodness for frozen options I guess!

      Delete
  2. mmmmmmmmmmm, another fine dessert to add to my list of every nighters ;-)
    I love how simple fruit dessert can be and yet it feels so special and tasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you like it... I have SO many fruit ice cream recipes but I can't help myself from posting more. I just love love love them. The day just doesn't seem finished without a yummy dessert- but we can make it healthy!

      Delete
    2. hehehee yeah I tend to just freeze part of every fruit I buy and then mix them all together! :-) and i agree about dessert - everyday for me!!!!!

      Delete
  3. YUM! Sorbets are just the best in Summer (actually all year round!) I have a passion fruit vine too, so I love this flavour combo idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these sorts of desserts too :) Soft serve, fruit-based ice creams are one of the great things about summer - and this looks wonderful! I made a raspberry banana one at the start of the year that reminds me of this in colour, but love the idea of passionfruit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...