Thursday, November 8, 2012

Apple Butter

100% vegan I promise- this apple butter is more like a jam paste than a butter. Just delicious! You can eat it off the spoon it's so good... and all with the leftovers from making apple juice (but you can use whole apples too). This is a wonderful ingredient to bake with, use as a fruit dip, spread on crackers or with the addition of a little cacao the perfect dessert! If you have a slow cooker I think this sweet, cinnamon-y butter is well worth the time it cooks for. I know you'll love it as much as I do...
Apple 'Butter'
Makes 4-5 cups
10 cups apple juice pulp
5 cups water to thin juice pulp out (depending on your juicer you will need to adjust this)
1/4 cup cinnamon
2 tbsp vanilla paste
Stevia to taste (if you're using whole apples omit)
Juice of 1 lemon
  • Combine ingredients
  • slow cook for 2 days and 1 night
  • remembering to stir every few hours
  • when it's reduced to 1/3 it's volume & turned a dark caramel brown it's done
  • Enjoy!
  • This keeps well in the fridge for a week and in the freezer indefinitely
Hope you're all eating your apples!
All the best,







Pin It

5 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious - and I bet it would make the house smell gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!!! Amazing! And what a great way to use leftover pulp! You have my heart with this recipe. I'm buying apples tomorrow..... to juice!
    Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummo! I've always wanted to try making apple butter - now I have NO excuse :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this looks amazing. i never tried apple butte before but now I defintely will!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...