Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Vegan MoFo 12- What are Wan ton wrappers? Dumpling wrappers? Spring roll skins?

What are Wan ton wrappers? Dumpling wrappers? Spring roll skins?
These are the quickest and easiest way to make perfect wan tons, spring rolls and dumplings. They're found in the refrigerated section of the Asian grocer and keep for months (they also freeze well because they're floured between the layers).
  source
The wrappers and skins are thinner than the average person can roll and completely even which make your finished product so much better. They're fairly similar, comprising of flour, water, salt oil and sometimes colouring or egg. Personally I avoid gluten so I use rice paper rolls when my husband makes these but he and our guests always enjoy them.
I tend to use other people's recipes when I make dumplings but here are a couple of my recipes that use them...
Dumplings, Wan tons and spring rolls are great for when you've got some extra hands over to help make and enjoy them and using these skins makes it super easy! Go on, give it a go.
All the best,






Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...