I found a cute little pumpkin the other day, it was dark green on the outside and yellow on the inside and fit in both my palms. It tasted lovely but not as sweet as the orange ones we usually get. I decided to make pumpkin puree and use it *in* a dish for once- it never usually gets past being roasted because we love it so much.
Rosemary and Pumpkin Millet1 cup cooked millet cooked in stock
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup vegetable stock
1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- If not already done cook millet in veggie or 'chicken' stock
- grate pumpkin, add as little water as possible to cook
- blend to a smooth consistency
- chop rosemary
- combine millet, pumpkin, stock and herbs
- cook until warmed through and risotto-ey consistency
Hope you're all enjoying your pumpkin too!
All the best,