Saturday, September 22, 2012

News & Healthy Vegan Friday

I have some exciting news to share with you all! I've written an article for a new healthy vegetarian food eMagazine which will be published soon. There are some amazing contributors and recipes- it's something I will be reading and I think you'll enjoy it too so when it's out I'll let you know.
Apologies for the absence of Healthy vegan Fridays recently, they've been missing because I've been away for work for the last month (thank goodness I've worked out scheduling so I could still post). It was great fun- I really love teaching & the Australian countryside so it was a great experience. If you'd like to see the beautiful landscape I've been in there are some photos from my last trip here. I took some darling shots of lambs and calves this trip but the insane workload I'm under will mean they won't be up for a little while longer unfortunately.
Onto the food! I've been eating healthy but lazy food recently, if I can cut down on cooking time to fit in more work I will... (hands up who can't wait for the holidays?) So these aren't the most aesthetically pleasing dishes I've ever plated but they taste great so I'm always happy.
Breakfast:
Spinach, strawberry & celery salad
With some dijon mustard to dip the celery into
Lunch:
Smoked Tofu, Silverbeet, spinach, Mushrooms & chives
Dinner:
Broccoli, Smoked tofu, Mushrooms, brags seasoning
Smoked Tofu (firm)
1/2 head broccoli or bunch of silverbeet
2 cups mushrooms
1 cup baby spinach
2 tbsp chives (fresh) or 1 tsp brags seasoning
1/2 cup stock
  • Chop veggies & tofu
  • cook mushrooms & tofu in stock until halved in size and tender
  • add broccoli/silverbeet stalks & cook until tender
  • add silverbeet leaves, baby spinach & herbs
  • when greens are wilted serve
  • Enjoy!






Pin It

5 comments:

  1. another breakfast salad for me to try :) YUMMY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats - the eMag sounds interesting - something I would love to read I am sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the eMag!! and yum what delicious eats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful clicks !! I loved this tortilla soup.. this has prompted me to cook some chicken immediately..

    Please visit my blog Chet @ Home

    ReplyDelete
  5. how fun with the article :) make sure to link it when its out :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...