Friday, August 17, 2012

Healthy Vegan Friday #3

I remembered this week! My healthy vegan friday was delish and easy. There are times when I find eating well a challenge and there are days I don't feel like eating but today, I managed to walk the line with a smile on my face. I think the secret is eating food you love... sometimes I fall into the eating what is quick rut and don't put enough effort in, but when you have a pile of work to do it seems like the right decision at the time you know? Anywho my point is make sure you're taking care of yourselves and putting in the effort you deserve for good health yummy food! 
Breakfast
Banana & Strawberry Sunday
Lunch
Brown rice vegetable sushi (carrot, cucumber, avocado)
Seaweed Salad
Dinner
Greens, Peas & Mushrooms in Sunflower Sauce
(so simple but so good)
1 cups peas
3 cups silver beet
2 cups mushrooms
2 tbsp water
1 cup veggie or 'chicken' stock
2 tbsp sunflower seed butter (the natural grey one not sweetened brown one)
  • chop veggies
  • saute mushrooms in water until half their size
  • add silver beet stalks and half stock, cook until tender (6 mins?)
  • add sunflower seed butter & remaining stock- combine well
  • add peas & silver beet tops and cook until tender (3 mins?)
  • Enjoy!
  • Keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days, it tastes great cold too- the sauce just thickens up nicely.

 Dessert
Mandarins... lots of...
baby mandarins! 
(I put my pinkie in the shot so you could see just how little and cute they are.)
 And because it's too cute not to share, some of my entertainment on the walk home
 Pac-Man! It made me smile :)
Hope you enjoyed it, go and have a look at all the other yummy recipes too!
All the best,







Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I love sushi...these look amazing. Another one I must try...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicious day! Thanks for submitting to Healthy Vegan Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veggie sushi is one of my most fav things to have :) everything looks so yum :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...