Thursday, August 16, 2012

Grape, Cucumber & Spinach Salad

This is one of my favourite breakfasts. It's juicy, sweet, fresh and crunchy- just perfect for a warm morning. I know most people think it's slightly 'different' to have a salad for breakfast or to have fruit in your salad but just give it a try, it really tastes lovely!

Grape, Cucumber and Spinach Salad
Makes 1 large serve
1 cup Grapes
1 cup Lettuce
1 cup Baby Spinach
1 cup Cucumber
Optional Additions
Avocado
Nuts (almonds, walnuts etc)
Seeds (chia, flax)
Fresh Apple Juice Dressing
  • Chop grapes in half
  • Shred lettuce
  • Chop cucumbers
  • Combine
  • Add any optional extras
  • Dress with apple juice
  • Enjoy!
I love my salads, but I really love my fruity salads. This combo tastes amazing and leaves you feeling light and energised, if you need something a bit more filling add some fats to it like avocado, nuts or seeds and you'll be full for much longer. 

You know that niggling feeling you get after a meal that only something sweet will satisfy? This salad takes care of that in the meal! I hope you enjoy it too.

{Edit: I have backup! Monkey Man tried, loved and posted this too! Also, apologies about the inappropriate ad, It's being removed asap}

All the best,




Pin It

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE fruit in my salads, but I never thought to have a salad for breakfast....I'm so gonna give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On your blog is an advertisment for Maggi crispy chicken. Strange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO MUCH for alerting me to this. I'm working on getting it removed right now. Not happy.

      Delete
    2. Oh my god, NO I'm not offended about that, don't worry. I was just suprised. I love your blog my dear. Best wishes from germany. Have a great day.

      Delete
  3. oooh salad for breakfast! what a great idea! and i love the zucchini with the grapes. i bet its so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by and linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays recipe party! I appreciate it! We had over 110 recipes! We hope that you stop back next week to help make it a huge success again! :) I have tweeted and pinned your entry to the Gluten Free Fridays board on pinterest! :)
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...