Thursday, July 19, 2012

Tomato & Basil Salad

I tend to have a super salad for lunch most days, to be honest I just chuck whatever looks good in the fridge together, veggies, fruit, seeds, nuts, roast veggies, baked potato, left overs etc. There have been some pretty bizarre combinations but this one was delicious and normal enough to share. Tomato, basil, nutritional yeast and balsamic vinegar- a simple and delicious combination.

Tomato and Basil Salad
4 cups mixed Lettuce
1 large Tomato
3 tbsp Nutritional yeast
Fresh ground Black pepper to taste
Salt to taste
1/2 cup torn fresh Basil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • Chop lettuce and tomato
  • Tear basil
  • Combine ingredients
  • Dress with vinegar + nutritional yeast
  • Enjoy!
To make this a more substantial meal I would add some avocado, seeds, nuts, beans or lentils but this one was a perfect side salad. 

All the best,







Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I just got an idea for this one, can I replace the nutritional yeast with 1 tablepsoon of Olive Oil then added some Parsley with the mix. Is it ok? When I tasted it, I think it is! Can you make another salad out of those 2 herbs(basil and parsley)? I ate it with a tulsi tea, and it turned out to be a great lunch! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can change it! I'm sure it would taste lovely. I'll be sure to give it a go next time I can get my hands on some yummy herbs. In general I never follow recipes, I tend to use them as inspiration and personalise my meals to our tastes and what we can get hold of- I think it's great that you're doing the same & I'm really happy you had a lovely meal :) xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...