Friday, July 6, 2012

Roast Pumpkin & Zucchini Soup

When it's this cold you need soup. A beautiful and delicious vegetable soup- just like this one! This quick soup is thick and filling, sweet and packed full of flavour. I've used dill and chives because I love them but if they're not your thing why not try some other fresh herbs? Rosemary and thyme would also taste lovely, as would coriander or oregano and basil. Just go with what you love and enjoy your veggies!

Roast Pumpkin and Zucchini Soup
Makes 3-4 serves
3 cup chopped zucchini (3 small)
2 cups roast pumpkin (raw would be fine too you'll just need to cook it for longer)
1 cup chopped dill (1/2 large bunch)
1 cup chopped chives (1/2 large bunch)
4-6 cups stock/water (I like my soup thick but adjust to taste)
  • Chop amd roast pumpkin (I try to make enough for leftovers which makes recipes like this nice and easy)
  • Chop vegetables (I leave my skin on but if you want it silky smooth peel them)
  • Boil until tender (approx. 5 mins)
  • Chop herbs finely
  • Blend to desired consistency (if you like it chunky only blend half then add it back to the pot)
  • Return to heat and simmer gently until it reaches the desired consistency
  • Add herbs
  • Enjoy!
  • (This keeps well in the freezer)
I know I love my soups but this is definitely a winner. It looks quite green but I can assure you it doesn't taste it! It's actually very sweet thanks to the roast pumpkin and will please any fussy veggie eaters- you could probably get away with not mentioning that there's zucchini in it actually! I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.


All the best,






Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Yummy - dill is one of my all time favourite flavours, so this soup looks like a winner to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you like dill you might like this creamy dill sauce- it's one of my favourites:
      http://skinny-vegan-food.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/creamy-green-mustard-dill-sauce.html

      Delete
  2. I love pumpkin - this is going on my "try out" list ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks very yummy. I just love the endless combination of foods possible... I don't know that I would have put these two together, but there they are looking delish. I love it! :) I am a soup person myself, so this is one I def. would like to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, will definitely have to try this one, ClaireBear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh that sounds so delicious! i love the color too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the soup thing - soups must have the lowest failure rates of any type of food I cook. And it's really handy to salvage whatever veg is going wrong in the back of my fridge! Dill and courgette = Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing! Great recipe. I was looking also for a soup as winter is coming up very soon! :) In fact we went to great places to dine and get some ideas of great soup. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...