Friday, April 6, 2012

'Creamy' Green Mustard & Dill Sauce

This 'creamy' herb packed sauce is my new favourite addition to veggies. If you like dill you'll love it too! The silken tofu base give it a thick texture without being high fat/cal and the dill and mustard punch through the flavour. 

It's perfect on veggies, grains, beans or thinned out as a salad dressing. You know you want it, I've made another batch already it's so good.

'Creamy' Green Mustard + Dill Sauce

I enjoyed it on my favourite grilled veggie Sunday breakfast (eggplant and mushrooms)
Makes 4 serves
1 x 300g packet silken tofu (organic japanese style)
2 tbsp wholegrain mustard

1 cup chopped fresh dill
1/4 cup peas
1/2 cup broad beans
1/2 cup water (or to your desired consistency)
  • cook peas amd beans
  • skin broad beans
  • combine all ingredients (except dill)
  • chop dill
  • blend well
  • enjoy with veggies/grains/pasta anything!
For all you Aussies this tastes like the red rooster sub sauce...I wasn't trying and hadn't even thought of it for years but it was a happy accident.

I made this sauce again with with all peas instead of broad beans (we were out) and dijon instead of wholegrain and it was still wonderful- I prefer the wholegrain mustard and using all peas makes it sweeter but when you're out you have to be a bit flexible :)

If you don't like veggies just cover them in a really delicious sauce and you'll have no problems going back for seconds!

All the best,





Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Oooh your veggie plate looks great!! This sauce sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd really like this! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks amazing! I'm having cravings, and I haven't even tried it yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're an awesome cook! It's sites like yours that helps people like us to make the switch to vegan. Thanks for the recipes and time you put in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! ...and I love the eggplant idea!...

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...