You know how much I loved the wonderful sweet and sour cherry jelly cakes so I couldn't resist making another batch with cacao! This time I used less agar agar to make them more moist and slightly less firm... because they weren't reduced for as long they're slightly less jammy but it made more serves so these have less calories in them! Quick, healthy, delicious- perfect.
Black Forrest Jelly CakesMakes 10 serves (50 cals per serve)
2 x 720g jars organic sour cherries in water
4 tbsp raw cacao powder
8 tsp or 16g of agar agar
stevia to taste (optional)
- combine all ingredients in a pot (the water/juice of the cherries too!)
- simmer on a low heat for 5-10 minutes while stirring
- blend well
- pour into moulds/nice bowls
- refrigerate for 30 mins to set
- enjoy! These keep well uncovered in the fridge for a week
I hope you give them a try, they're fast becoming a favourite dessert of mine along with fruit 'ice cream'.
All the best,