Last year I made teeny tiny chocolate baby cakes with strawberry icing, this year I went with huge blackberry + apple muffins with cacao almond icing! Yum yum yum.
Happy Birthday!I used Katie's single lady blueberry muffin recipe but tweaked it to make it an apple and blackberry muffin...and gluten, fat and sugar free of course. I loved it, I under-baked to make sure it wasn't dry and the intensely sweet 'creamy' icing was most definitely a winner.
Creamy Cacao + Almond IcingMakes 6 serves
1 cup cooked chickpeas
2 tbsp almond butter
stevia to taste (I think I used 30 drops)
1/2-1 tsp vanilla paste/extract
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/8 cup warm water
- cook chickpeas (I always have some in the fridge/freezer)
- combine ingredients in food processor
- pulse to chop chickpeas well
- blend while drizzling in liquids (water/stevia)
- blend for 1 more minute even when you think it's done to get it perfectly smooth
- ice muffins/cakes/eat with fruit
Hope you're having a lovely day too!