Sunday, March 4, 2012

Beautiful Breakfast Glass

Firstly I wrote a guest post for Sarah while she's away- you should check it out! & secondly I have a yummy fruit 'ice cream sunday' to share.

To explain the name allow me to put in in context- It was a hot morning, I was wearing a vintage blue dress, mid calf length, v neck, gathered under the bust with a bow at the the back with little cap sleeves and an amazing amount of material in the skirt so it fans out like you would not believe when you twirl. I felt pretty. So of course I needed a beautiful breakfast to match how I was feeling! (and cool me down)...

Beautiful Breakfast Glass
1/8 serve kiwi 'ice cream'
1/8 serve red grape 'ice cream'
1/8 serve green grape 'ice cream'
1/8 serve pomegranate 'ice cream'
(or any flavours you have pre-made/feel like!)
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
  • make fruit 'ice cream'/pull it out of the freezer
  • allow to thaw for 5-10 mins to soften
  • melon ball fruit 'ice cream'
  • layer alternating flavours and fruit
  • enjoy!
Don't you love this glass? I do. Don't get me wrong I love my tacky pink glass, it makes me smile every time I use it but this one is a whole other level. It's pure beauty, I love the bottom detailing. Plus it was $1 at the op shop! I grabbed a couple of other cute plates and creme brulee dishes too- they'll be making an appearance very soon. I think I've found a new addiction... good thing the money goes to charity!

All the best,




Pin It

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful breakfast glass indeed! Your ice creams are always so beautiful and colorful and the vibrant fresh fruits just make it even more stunning. A really lovely and light dish. And the glass itself is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your post on Sarah's blog. It's brutal to admit all these things, but it also really helps people (well, ME) to hear that others have been through similar experiences and problems. Especially since you are in a better place now. I only hope some day I can reach it too.

    Your glass is so cute! You are picking them up at 2nd hand shops? I am actually anal about things matching, so that would never work for me. Right now I'm considering purchasing matching sets of mugs with the Starbucks logo, since there's no Starbucks in my little town, so I'm thinking my house can at least pay some homage to the great coffee chain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is certainly beautiful! What a great breakfast and your dress sounds adorable. You should have posted a picture of yourself in it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...