Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tropical Fruit Sunday

This is one of the best uses for fruit, it's an amazingly yummy sweet cold taste of summer. I've been eating these regularly, they make a wonderful afternoon tea or dessert and they're healthy- plus they're so pretty how can you not be happy?! Yum yum yum...
Tropical Fruit Sunday



Fruit 'ice cream'
1/2 cup Banana coconut 'ice cream'
(1 banana, 1/2 tsp coconut essence, 2 tbsp soy milk)
1/2 cup Kiwi 'ice cream' 
(3 kiwi fruit, 2 tbsp soy milk)
Fresh Fruit
1/2 cup pineapple
1/2 banana
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds

passion fruit
  • make fruit 'ice cream':
  • chop fruit, freeze fruit, thaw for 15-20 mins before blending with a dash of soy milk and essence, re-freeze for harder consistency or use as is for soft serve consistency
  • chop fresh fruit
  • assemble sunday in layers
  • pineapple, fruit 'ice cream', banana, fruit 'ice cream', passion fruit, pomegranate
  • enjoy!
Blooper! This is what happens in the Australian heat...

*EDIT* I forgot to mention you can do this with any flavour fruit 'ice cream' and any fruit- just go with what you love and is in season. You can find my other fruit 'ice cream' recipes here.

I know a few of you are a little lost on jack fruit so I'm working on a post to hopefully clear it up for you but just quickly it's a tropical fruit that you can eat ripe as a sweet fruit or unripe as a vegetable. Ripe it tastes like a cross between pineapple and banana with a stringy texture and unripe it bears a remarkable resemblance to well cooked stringy meat and has a mild flavour that lends itself well to whatever I've tried it with. Hope that helped- if you have more specific questions let me know and I'll try to answer them in the post dedicated to it.

Hope you're all well and happy,
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Ok...now I absolutely must try jack fruit! I think I'd love it. I discovered frozen-banana-based "ice cream" last year and have been hooked ever since, but I love what you've done with it in this recipe! I'm bookmarking this page to make as soon as summer comes here in the US northeast :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so first of all, that glass is ADORABLE. Your fruit ice cream sundae looks so delicious! It is by far the most beautiful and the healthiest dish of ice cream I've ever seen. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!! I love fruit, i'm gonna try this. I've already been making the fruit ice creams for a while

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you already know, I love your fruit icecream so much! I will definitely be eating this in the summer, but since it's in the minus degrees C here at the moment I think I'll give it a miss just now!
    Oo this jack fruit sounds super cool, so I'll have to keep an eye out for it when I visit the big supermarkets :)
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh the southern hemisphere, I miss that, although here it's been pretty warm considering the time of the year! I love ice cream especially if it's healthy (double the points!). Thank you so much for your comforting words, I am a new follower ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this very useful info you have provided us. I will bookmark this for future reference and refer it to my friends. More power to your blog.

    Fruit tea

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...