Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tomato & Coriander Young Jack fruit Stew & Spicy Grilled Eggplant

I made this delightful concoction a while ago now, I can't believe it's February already! It's deliciously fresh and light whilst being filling because it's packed with veggies and is incredibly low in calories and fat. What's not to love?

Tomato and Coriander Young Jack fruit Stew
Makes 8 serves
9 medium tomatoes
2 tbsp lite soy sauce
1 spoon/5 drops stevia
4 cups bean shoots
2 cans young green jack fruit
1 cup chopped coriander (don't be afraid of the stems/roots, just chop them finely!)
  • chop tomatoes
  • cook with soy and stevia until soft
  • blend to form a sauce
  • chop young green jack fruit
  • add young green jack fruit
  • simmer for 10 mins or until tender
  • add bean shoots and cook for 3 mins
  • add coriander
  • serve with extra green veggies like choy sum or bok choy and grains like quinoa or brown rice as desired
  • enjoy!
I made spicy grilled eggplant for dinner last night- it tasted great but looked boring/ugly so I didn't bother with a pic but I just threw it together because I wanted to try the harissa and it was lovely.
Spicy Grilled Eggplant
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp harissa (this stuff is HOT)
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp white vinegar
2 small eggplants 
  • Slice eggplants in 1cm slices
  • combine ingredients
  • spread on eggplant slices
  • dry fry or grill until tender (use a hot pan)
  • enjoy!
They tasted wonderful but my stomach is paying for it now! Someone can't handle the heat...

I hope you're all well and filling yourself with lots of yummy healthy food,







Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Mmm.. looks and sounds so yummy! I don't get what Jackfruit is though.. I have googled it, and I dont think I have ever seen it before..

    what does it taste like? - is it veg? can you eat it raw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo that sounds lovely :) I will probably try the aubergine next week, but I have not seen any jackfruit in shops before and I dont think we have it here so I can't try that :/
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious. I've never tried jack fruit...this inspires me to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...