Saturday, November 26, 2011

Herb & Almond Sauce

I love using nuts in my salad dressings and sauces, especially since trying to cut out processed oils it's a wonderful source of good fats... having said that I have now decided to limit the nuts too but still, this is a great sauce/dressing.

Herb and Almond Sauce
1 cup raw almonds soaked overnights (so they double in size)
1 cup water
handful of sage
2 handfuls of oregano
handful of mint
2 tbsp lemon juice
  • Soak almonds overnight
  • Blend all ingredients and enjoy as a sauce/ dressing/ dip
This recipe would work well with pretty much any herbs, I just went with what was growing well and tastes good together. This freezes well and keeps in the fridge for about a week (well that's how long it lasted me anyway). If you're not a salad fan having a yummy dressing makes it much easier to get all the good veggies into you.

Salads are a staple, if you don't like them stick veggies in your smoothies or dress them in yummy dressings/sauces like this one.

Asparagus Salad with Almond and Herb Dressing
 Naked
Dressed
Salads are a meal. I don't care how many times people tell me it's not real food- its the real food you're meant to eat! Veggies are the main course, fill up on them and your body will thank you for it.

All the best xxx
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I may just make some tonight! Delicious!

    Thank you for your beautiful comment sweety, it means so much to have your support.

    Kisses,
    Adeline xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...