Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sharing food

The cacao-coconut Nut Balls went down a treat at the Chiro! I was so happy to be able to share the recipe and make other people happy with my cooking. Cooking for friends and family is one thing but sharing with people you don't know is so much fun :)
The girls at reception loved them so much everyone in the waiting room was eager to join in. I'm a happy happy girl. I must share my food with strangers more often. And share healthy recipes! Everyone was floored when I told them they were vegan, sugar free, gluten free and healthy. Even the kids loved them. Yay! I even brought them seconds because everyone loved them so much they were gone in a flash!

Sorry for the lack of regular posts. Life tends to get in the way and when I have boring meals I figure the posts would bore you too. So yeah, food has been boring recently, lots of the same things- Dumpling vegetable soups, salads, pasta, hummus, fruit etc. I didn't bother with more photos of the same... 

I got a haircut to celebrate 60 days of eating well (aka no binge eating), he took about 6 inches off.. It's the shortest I've had it in a decade. Feels odd. Not sure if I like it. But it's definitely a change!

I finally made something to eat worth photographing last night. I got a new curly/spiral cutter. I know its a small thing to get excited about but I was thrilled to see the curls emerging from the end of the twisty cutter. I may have jumped when I saw how cute they were. I can't wait to try it on another vegetable now! 

Pink Curly Carrot Salad
4 tbsp Beetroot Dip (beetroot, horseradish, tahini)
4 tbsp Hummus
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup Pine nuts
1/4 cup dried pumpkin seeds
1.5 large carrots
  • Use spiral cutter to make carrot curls
  • combine beetroot dip, hummus and water to make dressing
  • dress carrot and stir through seeds and nuts
  • Enjoy!
And this is for with lunch/dinner- a nice big salad of: curly carrots, spiral carrots, alfalfa, sprouted lentils, watercress!

Hope you all have a wonderful day full of yummy colourful food! xxx
Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...