Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Quinoa with Edamame & Peas

I finally got back to the gym today after being sick for weeks... until now I've been walking, using the step/twist cardio machine I have a home and using my free weights, body weight exercises, swiss ball, yoga/pilates. Come to think of it if I added some running to that I could probably do without the gym... although I do love the classes and the people hmm something to think about. What do you prefer? gym or home/outside workouts?
I ate the other half of my berry buckwheat porridge 
cold for breakfast with desiccated coconut sprinkled on top! Its delicious cold as well as hot as I found out when I was ravenous after the gym. Today was full of food! Exercise gets my appetite going. Lunch was a big bowl of edamame and a mandarin; afternoon tea was some protein filled choc coconut balls. 
By dinner I was extremely hungry again and my eyes were bigger than my stomach- I made two dishes and ate about 1/3 of each.... one at a time next time. 

Quinoa with Edamame and Peas
1.5 tbsp Tomato paste
1 cup stock
1 cup quinoa (cooked)
1/2 cup edamame (frozen
1/2 peas (frozen)
2 tbsp vinegar- I really felt like vinegar, feel free to alter this if its not to your taste.
  • cook quinoa (1:2)
  • combine quinoa, water, stock powder, tomato paste, peas, edamame in a pan
  • reduce until there is no water left and the vegetables are cooked (5 mins?)
  • taste, add in the vinegar to your taste, combine well
  • enjoy
The other half of dinner was soup with dumplings but I forgot to take a photo- sorry!
It was like this one but with edamame instead of the carrot and with these dumplings
Easy quick and yummy!

Does anyone else enjoy eating from the cupboards? I know it sounds odd but I enjoy the challenge of inventing meals with whats in the house, you know in the times before shopping or when you have to stick to the budget but got excited at the health food store and got something too expensive (or is that just me?)

Hope you're all well and full of yummy healthy things- All the best xxx
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. glad you are feeling better. I agree, I love both classes and outdoor workouts. Fun to mix it up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...