I just had a milky chai tea when I got up because I was really not hungry but felt guilty having nothing (strange after only eating half of last nights vegetable hot pot) so I ate my prepared breakfast at lunch but could only manage half of it.. it tastes lovely and adding the apple for crunch helped break through the texture of the oats like I was hoping- I'll definitely be doing that again!
Apple and cinnamon overnight oats
1/2 apple chopped
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 cup water
2 handfuls puffed grains
1 tsp cinnamon + end sprinkle
1/2 tbsp ground chia seeds
- combine oats, chia, cinnamon, water and soy milk
- leave in fridge overnight
- chop apple
- add apple and puffed grains
- sprinkle with more cinnamon to taste
So the other half of turned into afternoon tea along with another cup of tea. For dinner I had last nights yummy left overs...
...and a nice big salad!
Green Mixed Salad with Dijon and Apple cider vinegar dressing
Naked salad... and dressed salad...
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
baby spinach leaves
mixed lettuce leaves
mixed sprouted pulses
- combine and toss salad ingredients
- put dressing ingredients in a jar and shake
- enjoy a flavour filled salad :)
Have a lovely night xxx