Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cacao-Coconut Nut balls

I finally woke up with an appetite today! It was lovely to hear the grumbles and know I was back to normal. I actually managed to get through a whole bowl of oats! Yeah, I know small things make me happy- I think its a good thing!

Apple and Banana overnight oats
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 cup water
5 drops stevia
1/2 tbsp ground chia seeds
1/2 tsp banana essence
2 handful puffed grains
1/2 apple
  • combine oats, milk, water, stevia, chia and banana essence
  • leave in fridge overnight
  • in the morning combine with chopped apple and puffed grains and enjoy!
Lunch was a yummy salad (same as yesterday)
I also enjoyed tasting these whilst cooking them...
I decided to make an un-baked treat for my lovely chiropractor and equally lovely receptionists who I've been seeing three times a week to fix my back. They're genuinely gorgeous people and they even sent this beautiful card the other week.
(Made by Paper bark designs)
It cheered me up when I was feeling sick. So I thought whilst I have the time (on uni holidays) I'd do something nice for them too. 
Cacao-Coconut Nut balls
The recipe makes approximately 100 balls (depending on size) a good amount for a party or sharing with friends and family! I like making enough to be generous with. These freeze well so you can always pop them in there as a backup.. they actually taste quite good frozen too.
1 cup almond meal
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup ground chia seeds
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1 cup cacao powder
1/2 cup dried dates
1.5 cups hot water
  • grind flax and chia seeds
  • chop dates and soak in 1 cup of boiling water for approximately 10 minutes 
  • combine coconut, cacao powder, chia, flax, almond meal
  • process all ingredients together to form a sticky fudgey consistency (drizzle in more water as required)
  • roll into teaspoon sized balls and roll in desiccated coconut
  • refrigerate to firm up for approximately 1/2hr
  • enjoy!
Dinner was a comforting bowl of Carrot and Chickpea Soup I made enough to freeze and to have later. Here's to cheap, easy, delicious, nutritious meals! :)

I've put a little slideshow of my work up on the sidebar, if you want to see some great photos (if I do say so myself) check out my red bubble profile and folio! You won't be disappointed- I've got a bit of everything.. if you feel like buying anything they're very reasonably priced.

Hope you're all having a splendid weekend! xxx
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. food is the perfect gift cause its made with love. It would have cheered me up in a heart beat.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...