I finally woke up with an appetite today! It was lovely to hear the grumbles and know I was back to normal. I actually managed to get through a whole bowl of oats! Yeah, I know small things make me happy- I think its a good thing!
Apple and Banana overnight oats1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 cup water
5 drops stevia
1/2 tbsp ground chia seeds
1/2 tsp banana essence
2 handful puffed grains
- combine oats, milk, water, stevia, chia and banana essence
- leave in fridge overnight
- in the morning combine with chopped apple and puffed grains and enjoy!
Lunch was a yummy salad (same as yesterday)
I also enjoyed tasting these whilst cooking them...I decided to make an un-baked treat for my lovely chiropractor and equally lovely receptionists who I've been seeing three times a week to fix my back. They're genuinely gorgeous people and they even sent this beautiful card the other week.
(Made by Paper bark designs)It cheered me up when I was feeling sick. So I thought whilst I have the time (on uni holidays) I'd do something nice for them too.
Cacao-Coconut Nut ballsThe recipe makes approximately 100 balls (depending on size) a good amount for a party or sharing with friends and family! I like making enough to be generous with. These freeze well so you can always pop them in there as a backup.. they actually taste quite good frozen too.
1 cup almond meal
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup ground chia seeds
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1 cup cacao powder
1/2 cup dried dates
1.5 cups hot water
- grind flax and chia seeds
- chop dates and soak in 1 cup of boiling water for approximately 10 minutes
- combine coconut, cacao powder, chia, flax, almond meal
- process all ingredients together to form a sticky fudgey consistency (drizzle in more water as required)
- roll into teaspoon sized balls and roll in desiccated coconut
- refrigerate to firm up for approximately 1/2hr
Dinner was a comforting bowl of Carrot and Chickpea Soup I made enough to freeze and to have later. Here's to cheap, easy, delicious, nutritious meals! :)
Hope you're all having a splendid weekend! xxx