Saturday, June 25, 2011

Crackers

Sorry for no recipes, I've been sick all week so you don't really want to see the water, tea and stock I've been subsiding on. I managed to walk for an hour today and am so weak and dizzy that I wish I hadn't... it was lovely weather though and I had no other way of getting to my appointment. We stopped by the health food store on the way back and I found these and they made my day! 
Before I got sick I was planning on making sun dried tomato hummus and these would be the perfect match! Its been ages since I had crackers and I can't wait till I'm better to try them! For those who've never seen them they're organic, gluten free and made from brown rice, quinoa, flax seeds, sesame seeds, tamari, soy beans, water and salt.

The other bit of good news I can share is I've officially made it 30 days! without losing control of my eating behaviors! I have not eaten any junk, comfort/stress eaten and kept to reasonable portions and I have to say, I feel so much better for it! It was my first goal and now I'm focusing on making it to 60 days, then 90 etc etc. 

I did make vegetable juice today, containing: 2 carrots, 2 bunches of bok choy, 1/3 lettuce, then I added some noni juice and vital greens powder- not the best tasting juice in the world but it was what we had in the fridge and I needed some energy to manage the walk. The carrots made it fairly sweet but I'm not sure I'd use bok choy in a juice again, you can distinguish it... I like my juices to combine more into a whole new flavour.

I finally went to the doctor today, I'm giving it another 24 hours before I try eating and more again before I can eat anything interesting! so apologies for the lack of recipes- trust me I wish I could cook & eat! Hope you're all thankful for your healthy digestive systems- I'm certainly missing mine!! 

All the best xxx
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I hope you start feeling better soon.

    Congrats on 30 days....I know how hard it can be.

    ~MLM

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...