Friday, July 1, 2011

Buckwheat & Edamame

I had never tried buckwheat until last night, I'm always up for trying new things- especially if they're healthy! Also I've been having that insatiable hunger that comes with your body trying to fix itself after illness so I've been looking for something hearty to fill me. I figured protein + fiber was the key so was praying that this meal would do it.

Buckwheat, spinach and Edamame
Makes 2 serves
3/4 cup buckwheat
1/5 cups water
1 cup edamame
1 cup chinese spinach
1tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp roasted sesame oil
  • cook the buckwheat (1 part buckwheat to 2 parts water)
  • add spinach and edamame
  • add soy and sesame oil
  • combine and enjoy!

Mixed Green Sprout Salad with Dijon Dressing
watercress
lettuce
rocket
spinach
alfalfa sprouts
sprouted beans/seeds
dijon mustard
water or oil
pepper
coriander
  • combine ingredients
  • make dressing by combining dijon mustard, water or oil, pepper (I like mine fairly thick and prefer to use water but its your choice!)
This meal was just lovely- it may not look like much but it tasted lovely and is wonderfully healthy and filling. I'll keep experimenting and come up with some more yummy buckwheat recipes- if you have any suggestions feel free to let me know! 

I hope you all try new things too- its so worth it when you keep finding things you love and can expand your cooking resources. I know some people like to stick to the things they know are 'safe' but I believe stepping out of your comfort zone is a good thing! (even if it is scary) so if you tend to eat the same things you always have just start with something small, give one new ingredient a go next shop! 

All the best xxx
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Like you I love stepping out of my foodie comfort zone and love experimenting. I've tried buckwheat like this once and have to admit I was not that keen on it, so am still searching for a recipe that I like. I have to admit though, I do really like the look of your buckwheat dish, esp with the edamame beans (I cooked with them recently and really flound them flavourpacked). By the way were the edamame beans fresh or frozen, I only found them frozen in the U.K

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...