Friday, April 15, 2011

Seven Recipes

 
Its been a long time-sorry, uni and life have been. I hope you're all well, happy and feeding yourselves wonderful healthy goodness!
Here are some pics of my shopping :) I just love how beautiful they look- all the beautiful colours and organic freshness, it just feels natural and good for you! 

Here's a selection of what I've been eating:
Avocado, Bean, and Chive Salad
1/2 Avocado
1.5 cups chopped green beans
1 tsp chardonnay vinegar
2 tbsp chives
  • If you don't like your beans raw (I do) you can blanche and refresh them before chopping them into bit size pieces.
  • Cut and scoop out 1/2 Avo
  • Chop chives and sprinkle over
  • Drizzle vinegar over as a dressing (the fat in the avo makes it work- trust me)

Spicy Carrot and Chickpea Soup
5 Carrots (medium size, organic)
1 tsp Cumin powder
2 tsp Coriander powder
Fresh Coriander to garnish 
1/2 tsp Chili powder
1 tbsp Tumeric
2 cups dried Chickpeas
6 cups stock
2 small shallots
3 cloves Garlic
  • Soak the chickpeas overnight
  • Cook chickpeas in the pressure cooker with the tumeric for 15 minutes
  • Chop garlic and shallots
  • Grate carrots
  • Dry fry garlic, shallots and spices in a big pot
  • Add the carrots, stock and chickpeas
  • When carrots are tender blend the soup
  • Enjoy! This is a thick filling warming soup with a little kick.
Pumpkin, Rosemary and Chickpea Soup
I know the ingredients to this one sound weird but I was craving things and I came up with this- I love it, my husband loves it, I would strongly advise you to give it a go.

1 Small pumpkin (it was orange I don't know its exact name)
2 cups dried chickpeas
2 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried mustard powder
6 cups stock
chives
3 garlic cloves
cracked black pepper
  • Soak chickpeas overnight
  • Chop and peel pumpkin
  • Cook chickpeas and pumpkin in pressure cooker for 15 mins
  • Add herbs, stock, spices, garlic
  • Blend Soup (add more water if needed)
  • Garnish with chives and seasoning
  • Enjoy! This tastes beautiful thick or thin, your choice!

Pumpkin Dal
3 cups Chana Dal
1 small butternut Pumpkin (skin on)
1 tsp asafetida
1 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp tumeric
4 cups stock
  • Soak dal for 2 hrs minimum
  • chop pumpkin
  • Cook pumpkin and dal in pressure cooker for 15 mins
  • Add spices and stock to reach desired consistency
  • Simmer for 5 mins
  • Eat! (this is a wet dal)
Spicy Tumeric Dal
3 cups Chana Dal
1 tsp Tumeric
1 tsp Cumin powder
2 tsp Coriander powder
1/2 tsp Chili powder
1 tsp Garam marsarla
3 cups stock
  • soak dal for 2 hrs minimum
  • cook dal with tumeric in pressure cooker for 10-15 mins
  • add spices and combine
  • Eat! (this is a dry dal)
Chocolate-Mint Avocado Mousse
1/2 Avocado
Stevia to taste
1/2 tsp vanilla paste/extract
2 tsp cacao powder
2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
  • chop mint
  • stir to combine all ingredients
  • Refrigerate for a more firm texture
  • Enjoy! This is rich and lovely, you only need a tiny bit- pictured is only about 3 tsb but it lasted me 2 serves that I had with fruit (an orange and apple) it's awesome!

Chocolate Blueberries
Serves 2
70% Dark Chocolate (organic fair trade)
2 cups Frozen blueberries
  • This one's not rocket science...
  • Grate the chocolate over the blueberries
  • stir through
  • Add more chocolate on top to make it look pretty- This was only one tiny block!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. 0.0 I'd pick another colour of chocolate for the last one. Lol, I've seen something that looks all too similar to those blueberries in the sand dunes down Taieri >.< I'm totally gonna track down ingredients for the first soup this winter!

    Thank you for the awesome comment. I'll keep hassling the system until I get something out of it.

    Take care <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...