Saturday, April 30, 2011

Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa

This is wonderfully filling and satisfying. The sauce can be used for many other things and you can change the ratios for a more or less cheesy sauce.

Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa
1 small head of broccoli
5 tsp ground almonds
3tsp nutritional yeast flakes
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup rice milk
water to reach desired consistency
1/2 cup cooked quinoa (1/4 cup uncooked)
  • cook quinoa (1 part quinoa 2 parts water)
  • combine almonds, yeast, milk and leave to soak for as long as is convenient (10 mins?)
  • heat sauce mixture and season to taste
  • add quinoa
  • add broccoli
  • simmer until sauce reaches desired consistency and broccoli is cooked- add water if needed.
This sauce tastes great with pretty much any veggies/grains. If you like it stronger add more nutritional yeast, if you'd like it thicker use some ground chia seeds in place of some of the almonds, just work with what you've got and what you need it for!

Enjoy x x x
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Hey Skinny...I must have lost you too because I wasn't following you anymore for some reason. Did you delete your other blog? That might be why, if you did.

    I'm glad you left me that comment! I'm following this blog now!

    ~MLM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey just found your blog and I am totally inspired. There are some really original dishes in the first few posts I've looked at and I can't wait for my uni exams to be over so I have the time to try them out. Fantastic blog! (I've been vegan 2 years and loving it)

    AJ

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...