Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cabbage Pasta

Apologies for the long gap- Masters is a LOT of work. I did 9hrs straight study today and it doesn't even look like i've put a dent in it. Just got to keep swimming, keep pushing, keep going... I hope you're all well and smiley! 

I have been eating occasionally though, so at least I've got something to share... The cabbage pasta is great, it fixes carb cravings with minimal calories because there's only a tiny bit of pasta and heaps of cabbage and veg! The sauce is wonderfully herby and fresh and tastes good over anything- enjoy!

Cabbage Pasta
1 cup pasta (rice, corn, vegetable, gluten free etc.)
1 cup shredded cabbage (raw)
1 large sprig oregano
small handful fresh basil
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
pepper to taste
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup peas
1/4 cup corn
1/4 cup mushrooms
  • cook pasta
  • chop veggies (except corn and peas) and put in bowl raw
  • dip corn and peas in pasta water for a minute
  • make sauce- heat oil
  • fry off garlic
  • add tomato paste
  • add water
  • add herbs
  • Put it all together in the bowl and garnish with more herbs
  • Enjoy! yum yum yum even non veggies and non dieters will be happy with this one!
This is one of my favorite meals, I've had it the last 2 nights.. it's so quick and easy, love it!

Hope you give it a go, its one of those meals you just feel healthy eating- lots of love xxx
p.s. sorry if there are typos, my eyes are twitching...
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. They both look delicious.
    As soon as I saw the Cabbage Pasta I started wanting it, I'm going to try and make that as soon as possible.
    I've looked at your dessert section but I was wondering if you had anymore low calorie desserts up your sleeve?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth started watering right when I laid eyes on the Cabbage Pasta!! :-) yummy!
    I need to write that recipe down and make it sometime for my kids.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Blessings, Debra
    Raw Vegan Diet

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous, I'm going to try the pasta this week! Thank you lovely! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks so good ! my mom makes this cept with garlic instead of stock...its really good too :) you're green alad looks delicious as well

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...