Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Zucchini Soup

I don't know if this should count as a 'recipe' its more of a lazy meal- but I eat it so much I have to include it on my food blog!.. it's a version of my lazy/easy soup. 

Basically you can do it with any vegetables you like (peas, tomato, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower etc etc), any stocks (vegetable, 'chicken', 'beef'), herbs (parsley, coriander, basil, mixed herbs etc), spices (coriander, cumin, chili powder, turmeric etc)

Today I went with Zucchini because I got some cheapies at the asian grocer that needed to be used asap! Thus I made a larger batch than usual (7 serves) and popped some in the freezer for when I don't feel like cooking. 

Zucchini Soup
 
4 medium Zucchinis
4 cups vegetable stock
1 tbsp dried parsley
  • Chop zucchinis
  • Cover with stock
  • Add parsley
  • Boil zucchinis until tender
  • Blend! (an upright blender or hand held blender are best)
This soup is surprisingly filling for such a low cal and low fat soup. Made with zucchini it has the consistency of a broth that's been thickened with corn flour, I'm not sure if you'll know what I mean but basically it's in between a thick vegetable soup and a liquid broth soup. I'm sure I'll post some different versions of this over time but it's all basically the same easy soup recipe! 

Hope you enjoy! xxx
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so good and simple! Gonna try this one too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...