Sunday, November 28, 2010

Green Soup

I love gardening, watching something grow, knowing something is thriving because of you is such a great feeling! Now I don't have much room, we're renting, so the only room for edible plants is on our teeny tiny balcony. I've got some water smart boxes to make the most of the little rain we get. So I've planted two rectangular herb boxes, full of herby/veggie goodness, some garlic separately and then the bay tree, blueberries and strawberries in separate boxes. 

I love eating what i've grown, it tastes so much better. No chemical nasties in my food, makes you feel great. I love how much they spring up after the rain too, they're impressive. Inspiring. So with my home grown goodness (except the zucchini) I made some soup!

Green Soup
Makes 2 serves
2 cups spinach
1/2 cup mint
1/2 cup coriander
1 zucchini
Stock to cover
  • chop zucchini into small pieces
  • cover with stock
  • boil untill the zucchini is tender
  • blend
  • return to heat, simmer till you reach desired consistency
  • add in spinach, mint, coriander
  • blend again
  • Enjoy!
This is so yummy and just looks good for you! So vibrant and green! I almost forgot to take a photo so this one was after eating some of it- oops.

I love this time of year for the fresh produce. I'm so excited by all the beautiful fresh fruit and veg I have in my kitchen! We got a 10kg watermelon!!! bananas, oranges, apples, blueberries, raspberries, sweet potatoes, zuchini, celery, lettuce, cucumbers, mushrooms, carrots, beetroots and paw paw!! I can't wait till the paw paw's ripe- I haven't had one in years, it feels like such a treat! I'm going to try out some stirfrys with the watermelon rind- I've never tried it before, I saw a recipe for it on pohs kitchen and thought I should find a vegan version! Stay tuned for the results... *fingers crossed*
Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...